global credit union of paradox

Monday, December 05, 2005

US Navy's Best and Brightest


Ok, back to posting a bit more regularly. While away from the WWW, I had the opportunity to do some pretty cool shit; one of those things was getting to check out the Blue Angels flying over San Francisco during Fleet Week. This was largely thanks to a friend, who despite having a family function was nice enough to give a few of us access to the roof of his building. He shall remain nameless due to the "you let non-residents on our roof committee". That put us 27 stories skyward in the Embarcadero neighborhood. Besides the parade of Navy Ships, there was a Red Bull prop-plane aerobatic race earlier in the afternoon, followed by various aerial shows culminating in the flight of the Angels. I took a bunch of pictures, check them out. I was up there feeling all,"America-F#@K-Yeah"! So that was cool.
Ever heard of The Parrots of Telegraph Hill? Well, I had not as of yet. They're real and I got to see them flocking around several stories below, and later when I left, they happened to be hanging out in a tree I was passing on my way back to the Muni. Took some pictures of them as well.

1 Comments:

  • Good to see you back at it. I look foward to seeing some more posts and photos. I bet that was a killer view.

    How cool to live in a city that has a flock of parrots. Apparantly there is a is a wild parakeet flock on Dolores & 24 as well. Nice pics of the parrots.

    Welcome back.

    By Blogger surly monkey, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home